top of page


Am I allowed to have an RV on my lot?

Pacific County's Land Use Ordinance No. 184 indicates that one (1) RV/park model may be temporarily occupied or stored on a parcel at any given time provided that the unit meets the following standards:

  • Is readily transportable at all times (not set-up on blocks or otherwise affixed to the ground)

  • Has current license plates and registration

  • Is not being used as a permanent dwelling unit

  • Meets all required building setbacks (most residential required setbacks are: 20' from the front property line, 10' from the rear property line, and 5' from the side property line.)

Are Tiny Homes allowed in Pacific County?

All proposed residential structures shall contain not less than
four hundred ten (410) square feet of living area. Living area excludes garages, carports, decks, porches, etc.

How do I prepare my home before I see it?

When preparing to sell your home, the first thing to do is make it presentable. This means giving the entire house a thorough cleaning and making small repairs.

  1. Mop the floors, scrub the bathrooms, and get rid of all the grime in the kitchen.

  2. Little things like patching holes in the wall, changing burned-out lightbulbs, and repairing broken appliances can make your place stand out in a crowded market.

  3. Don’t forget about paint — returning the walls to a neutral color can help your house sell quicker. White, creams, and grays can make rooms seem bigger and help potential buyers see themselves living there.

  4. If you’re not moving out before listing your home, you’ll also need to depersonalize and declutter. Put away your family photos, knick-knacks, and other personal items. You may need to rent a storage unit if you don’t have a place to put them all.

I want to buy a home but don’t know where to start?

The first step in home ownership is to find out how much home you can qualify for. Consult a qualified, reputable mortgage broker or lender to start the process and see how much home you can afford.

I want to buy a house in Pacific County and use it as a Vacation Rental, is that allowed?

In order to place a home on the vacation rental market it must be zoned R3 (Resort Zoning) or CC (Community Commercial). Other zoning uses such as R2, RR can be used but require a special use permit from the hearing examiner provided there is not another vacation rental within 300 feet. Please check with local DCD (Department of Community Development) to verify that the property you are looking at will qualify.

I want to sell my home, should I use a local or out of town agent?

You are welcome to use whomever you choose but some things to consider- If your home is Vacant, a local agent is generally in the area and will keep an eye on your home should anything arise. We’ve had out of town agents leave homes unlocked! Local agents are there to make sure your home is secure. Local agents can periodically check for water leaks, any physical damage should a storm arise or a pipe breaks! We usually do not like to take listings out of our area due to situations like this. We do regular checks on our listings that are vacant.

Are you allowed to drive on the beach on the Long Beach Peninsula?

Yes, the beach on the west side of the peninsula is a state highway with a speed limit of 25 MPH. There are several access points where you may enter onto the beach with your vehicle.

bottom of page